If you are looking for solitude and inner peace, Leh Ladakh is the place you must head to. Leh Ladakh is the most valuable place to find peace and calmness in this dynamic world. Leh and Ladakh are two different places, not too far from each other.
Both places come under Jammu & Kashmir region. Leh is the capital of Ladakh and situated 25 km ahead of Ladakh. Both these places on this earth have the power to provide you a feeling of calmness.
Leh Ladakh is a land of wonders and there are many places in and around Leh Ladakh where you can feel the blessings of God and Mother Nature. Both places have variations in culture, traditions, and lifestyles.
Ladakh is one of the parts of Incredible India. It is a union territory of India and Leh is the center point of India in terms of authority. The places have several monasteries. This is the land where you can feel the blessings of Lord Buddha.
This God’s own land many religious places as well as beautiful valleys like Nubra, Snow clad mountains, High motorable passes like Chang La, Khardung La, Natural wonders like Pangong Tso lake and river like Zanskar.
Related post: Kheerganga – A simple and fine trek near Manali in Himachal Pradesh
In the region of Leh Ladakh, the majority of people believe in Buddhism. The place owns several famous Buddhist monasteries. There is the influence of Tibetan Buddhism. Various religious places are there and well decorated with Tibetan and Buddhist art.
Places to Visit In and Around Ladakh
- Namgyal Tsemo
- Stok Monastery
- Nubra Valley
- The White Desert, Hunder
- Thiksay Monastery
- Shanti Stupa
- Leh Palace
- Magnetic Hill
- Pangong Tso Lake
- Pathar Sahib Gurudwara
- Tso Moriri Lake
- Indus Zanskar River Confluence Point
& Many more
Best Time To Visit
It depends on you. Leh Ladakh is open in all seasons of a year. If you do not mind the rain, the months of late June to September are described as the ideal months.
If you love snow and are capable to bear the cold temperature, winter season is best to be visited. April to June and September- Mid November will be the best time to visit Leh Ladakh as well to ignore heavy snowfall and rainfall.
Activities to Do In and Around Leh Ladakh
- Bike Trip
- Ice skating
Things to Carry
The weather of Leh Ladakh is unpredictable and is always changing. So unlike other trips, you just can not grab your backpack and leave for Leh Ladakh. You need to keep all the necessary belongings in your bag. Both places stand at a high altitude, so AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) is a common problem that travelers face there.
You might be interested in: 25 Places for Summer Vacations in North India
So do not forget to consult your physician and take the medicines accordingly. Here is the list of the things that you will need there-
- Good Quality Backpack
- Thermal inner pants and inner wears
- Woolen Clothes and Woolen Socks and gloves
- Good Quality Shoes- water-resistant and with a good ankle support
- Full Sleeves T-Shirts
- Down jacket, flee jacket and windbreaker
- First Aid Kit including pain reliever and water purification tablets and Special Medicine if prescribed
- Water Bottles
- Thermo flask
- Flashlight and headlight with extra batteries
- Solar charger if you have and power bank
- Personal Toiletries like a small bottle of shampoo, comb, body wipes, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.
- Energy bars, protein bars, Eatery supplements- packed food
- Other Items if required
Tips for Leh Ladakh tour-
- Local people are emotionally connected with their religious identities so do not make fun of their culture and traditions.
- Do not mess with the local people of Leh Ladakh and other travelers. It might ruin your whole trip.
- Ladakh is a very sensitive area in terms of defense so carry all essential identity proof. If you wish to drive through Khardung La Pass or any other passes, bring carry your driving license.
- Avoid drinking and smoking. Keep your body hydrated throughout the entire journey.
- Some places required permits so before going there obtain all the necessary permits.
- If you are going to visit some religious place then maintain the decorum of the place.
- All the places are naturally rich so try to avoid the use of plastic items. In any case, you have used it then disposal must be proper.